Linear Fire Stop 554
Linear Fire Stop 554 is a compressible strip designed for installation within static voids.
The Fire Stop provides up to 4 hours’ firestopping and is used in cases where the fire resistance of the horizontal deck is less than the wall.
Maximum void size to be filled = 50% of wall width.
- Length: 1200mm
- Width (553): Wall width
- Width (554): Wall width x 2
- Up to 4 hours’ firestopping
- Made-to-measure service
- A range of thicknesses available
- Easy to install
Thickness to suit voids from 10mm to 100mm.
Ordering Information Required:
1. Wall width
2. Actual void size
3. Total linear metres for job
Linear Fire Stop Strip has been independently tested by BRE Global in accordance with BS 476 Part 20: 1987.
- Installation of Linear Fire Stop must provide for a tight and accurate fit, whilst allowing for 5% compression
Lengths of Linear Fire Stop may be joined along the wall by careful and tight butt jointing. Installers may find a small plastic or metal ‘slip plate’ useful when fitting Linear Fire Stop between rough masonry surfaces.