Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552
Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552 has been designed to prevent passage of fire through concealed voids within the external fabric of a masonry wall construction, but more specifically where the junction is formed between the external cavity and the party wall cavity.
The Stop Sock contributes in reducing flanking sound transmission at party wall junctions and is suitable for positioning vertically at compartment wall/party wall locations.
Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552 assists in satisfying the requirements of guidance documents such as Approved Document B and The Scottish Technical Handbook.
- Designed for installation within masonry cavities at the junction with the external cavity and party wall cavity
- Accommodates a maximum void of 175mm
- Suitable for vertical orientation
- Tested and assessed to the basic principles of BS 476 Part 20: 1987
- Provides up to 120 minutes fire resistance
- Manufactured in bespoke sizes to suit the specified cavity width
Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552 has been tested and assessed to the general principles of BS 476 Part 20: 1987 by Exova Warringtonfire. The fire resistance performance is based on the barrier being installed between a suitable concrete/masonry structure.
Consideration must be given towards the overall width of the party wall construction – please contact Mayplas for further technical guidance.
- Easy installation process
- Installed under compression – The barrier is held in place under compression between the inner block work and outer masonry leaf
- For voids up to 150mm a minimum compression of 15mm is required, thereafter 20mm compression is required up to the maximum void of 175mm
- When installing Mayplas Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552 it may be necessary to consider additional use of DPC’s and/or cavity trays in line with the relevant building guidance