Fire Stop Slab 556
Fire Stop Slab 556 has been designed to prevent the passage of fire through concealed voids within the external fabric of a masonry wall construction.
The Barrier is a high performance foil faced mineral fibre slab complete with a rebated edge and is intended for installation within a masonry wall application.
Suitable for installation within cavity formed between masonry – concrete constructions in 50mm – 300mm in width.
- Size: 75mm x 900mm x 1160mm
- Offsite cutting service to suit cavity width is available
- Fixing clips supplied in boxes of 50
- Tested and assessed to the general principles of BS476: Part 20
- Rebated ends for a secure fit
- Suitable for cavities from 50mm – 300mm wide
- Meets air tightness requirements
- Suitable for both horizontal and vertical orientation
Fire Stop Slab 556 has been independently tested by Exova Warringtonfire in accordance with BS 476 Part 20: 1987, achieving a fire resistance performance of 120 minutes integrity and 60 minutes insulation.
When installing Fire Stop Slab 556 it is necessary to ensure the barrier is installed with two fixing clips per each individual length and that the top joint of the barrier is sealed with an aluminium foil tape.