Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552
Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552 assists in satisfying requirements of guidance documents such as Approved Document B and The Scottish Technical Handbook.
The product reduces flanking sound transmission at separating wall junctions and complies with Robust Detail (Appendix A) as a “cavity stop”.
Suitable for positioning vertically at compartment wall/party wall locations.
- Designed for installation within masonry cavities at the junction with the external cavity and party wall cavity
- Accommodates a maximum void of 175mm
- Easy installation process
- Installed under compression
- For voids up to 150mm a minimum compression of 15mm is required, thereafter 20mm compression is required up to the maximum void of 175mm
- Tested and assessed to the basic principles of BS 476-20: 1987
- Suitable for vertical orientation
- Provides up to 120 minutes fire resistance
When installing Mayplas Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552 it may be necessary to consider additional use of DPC’s and/or cavity trays in line with relevant Building Control guidance.
|Cavity Width||Stop Sock Size required for 120 minutes integrity/60 minutes insulation|
|50mm||65mm x 380mm|
|60mm||75mm x 380mm|
|75mm||90mm x 380mm|
|85mm||100mm x 380mm|
|100mm||115mm x 380mm|
Consideration must be given towards the overall width of the party wall construction – please contact Mayplas for further technical guidance.