TIMBER FRAME PARTY WALL CAVITY BARRIER 551 is designed to prevent passage of fire through concealed voids within the external fabric of a timber frame building, but more specifically where the junction is formed between the external cavity and the party wall cavity.
The polythene enclosed rock fibre barrier is manufactured in bespoke sizes to suit the specified cavity width.
The barrier is stapled to the inner timber substrate prior to brickwork being erected and is compressed into the cavity.
Timber Frame Party Wall Cavity Barrier 551 assists in satisfying requirements of guidance documents such as Approved Document B and The Scottish Technical Handbook.
The product reduces flanking sound transmission at separating wall junctions and complies with Robust Detail (Appendix A) as a “cavity stop”.
Suitable for positioning vertically at compartment wall/party wall locations.
• Designed for installation within masonry/timber frame cavities at the junction between the external cavity and party wall cavity
• Accommodates a maximum void of 175mm
• Easy installation process
• Installed under compression
• For voids up to 150mm a minimum compression of 15mm is required, thereafter 20mm compression is required up to the maximum void of 175mm
• Tested and assessed to the general principles of BS 476-20: 1987
• Suitable for vertical application
• Provides up to 120 minutes fire resistance performance
When installing Mayplas Timber Frame Party Wall Cavity Barrier 551 it may be necessary to consider additional use of DPC’s and/or cavity trays in line with relevant Building Control guidance.
|Cavity Width||Stop Sock Size required for 120 minutes integrity/60 minutes insulation|
|50mm||65mm x 380mm|
|60mm||75mm x 380mm|
|75mm||90mm x 380mm|
|85mm||100mm x 380mm|
|100mm||115mm x 380mm|