MP551 - TIMBER FRAME CAVITY BARRIER
TIMBER FRAME CAVITY BARRIER 551 is designed to prevent passage of fire through concealed voids within the external fabric of a timber frame building.
The polythene enclosed rock fibre barrier is manufactured in bespoke sizes to suit the specified cavity width.
The barrier is stapled to the inner timber substrate prior to brickwork being erected and is compressed into the cavity.
Timber Frame Cavity Barrier 551 assists in satisfying requirements of guidance documents such as Approved Document B and The Scottish Technical Handbook.
The product reduces flanking sound transmission at separating wall and floor junctions and complies with Robust Detail (Appendix A) as a “cavity stop”.
Suitable for both vertical and horizontal positioning to the edge of cavities, around openings, at separating compartment lines and to sub-divide cavities.
• Designed for installation within masonry/timber frame cavities
• Accommodates a maximum void of 175mm
• Easy installation process
• Installed under compression
• For voids up to 150mm a minimum compression of 15mm is required, thereafter 20mm compression is required up to the maximum void of 175mm
• Tested and assessed to the general principles of BS 476-20: 1987
• Suitable for both vertical and horizontal orientation
• Solutions available offering either 60 minutes or 120 minutes fire resistance performance
• When installing it may be necessary to consider additional use of DPC’s and/or cavity trays in line with relevant Building Control guidance.
|Stop Sock Size required for 60 minutes integrity/15 minutes insulation
|Stop Sock Size required for 120 minutes integrity/60 minutes insulation
|65mm x 65mm
|65mm x 150mm
|75mm x 90mm
|75mm x 150mm
|90mm x 120mm
|90mm x 150mm
|100mm x 120mm
|100mm x 150mm
|115mm x 120mm
|115mm x 150mm
Other sizes are available
Other products you may be interested in
MP551 - TIMBER FRAME PARTY WALL CAVITY BARRIER
TIMBER FRAME PARTY WALL CAVITY BARRIER 551 is designed to prevent passage of fire through concealed voids within the external fabric of a timber frame building, but more specifically where the junction is formed between the external cavity and the party wall cavity.
MP552 - CAVITY STOP SOCK FOR MASONRY PARTY WALL
The Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552 is designed to prevent passage of fire through concealed voids within the external fabric of a masonry wall construction, but more specifically where the junction is formed between the external cavity and the party wall cavity.