Timber Frame Cavity Barrier 551
Timber Frame Cavity Barrier 551 assists in satisfying requirements of guidance documents such as Approved Document B and The Scottish Technical Handbook.
The product reduces flanking sound transmission at separating wall and floor junctions and complies with Robust Detail (Appendix A) as a “cavity stop”.
Suitable for both vertical and horizontal positioning to the edge of cavities, around openings, at separating compartment lines and to sub-divide cavities.
- Designed for installation within masonry/timber frame cavities
- Accommodates a maximum void of 175mm
- Easy installation process
- Installed under compression
- For voids up to 150mm a minimum compression of 15mm is required, thereafter 20mm compression is required up to the maximum void of 175mm
- Tested and assessed to the general principles of BS 476-20: 1987
- Suitable for both vertical and horizontal orientation
- Solutions available offering either 60 minutes or 120 minutes fire resistance performance
- When installing Mayplas Timber Frame Cavity Barrier 551 it may be necessary to consider additional use of DPC’s and/or cavity trays in line with relevant Building Control guidance.
|Cavity Width||Stop Sock Size required for 60 minutes integrity/15 minutes insulation||Stop Sock Size required for 120 minutes integrity/60 minutes insulation|
|50mm||65mm x 65mm||65mm x 150mm|
|60mm||75mm x 90mm||75mm x 150mm|
|75mm||90mm x 120mm||90mm x 150mm|
|85mm||100mm x 120mm||100mm x 150mm|
|100mm||115mm x 120mm||115mm x 150mm|
Other sizes are available