MP552 - CAVITY STOP SOCK FOR MASONRY PARTY WALL
The Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552 is designed to prevent passage of fire through concealed voids within the external fabric of a masonry wall construction, but more specifically where the junction is formed between the external cavity and the party wall cavity.
The polythene enclosed rockfibre barrier is manufactured in bespoke sizes to suit the specified cavity width.
The barrier is held in place under compression between the inner block work and outer masonry leaf.
CAVITY STOP SOCK 552 DESCRIPTION
Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552 assists in satisfying requirements of guidance documents such as Approved Document B and The Scottish Technical Handbook.
The product reduces flanking sound transmission at separating wall junctions and complies with Robust Detail (Appendix A) as a “cavity stop”.
Suitable for positioning vertically at compartment wall/party wall locations.
Cavity Stop Sock Specification
- The Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552 is designed for installation within masonry cavities at the junction with the external cavity and party wall cavity
- Accommodates a maximum void of 175mm
- Easy installation process
Installed under compression
- For voids up to 150mm a minimum compression of 15mm is required, thereafter 20mm compression is required up to the maximum void of 175mm
- Tested and assessed to the basic principles of BS 476-20: 1987
- Suitable for vertical orientation
- Provides up to 120 minutes fire resistance
When installing Mayplas Masonry Party Wall Cavity Stop Sock 552 it may be necessary to consider additional use of DPC’s and/or cavity trays in line with relevant Building Control guidance.
|Cavity Width||Stop Sock Size required for 120 minutes integrity/60 minutes insulation|
|50mm||65mm x 380mm|
|60mm||75mm x 380mm|
|75mm||90mm x 380mm|
|85mm||100mm x 380mm|
|100mm||115mm x 380mm|
Consideration must be given towards the overall width of the party wall construction – please contact Mayplas for further technical guidance.